Gmail filters - sending leads to Follow Up Boss
This article will show you how to setup Gmail filters to automatically forward leads to Follow Up Boss as an alternative to changing the email address on file with your lead provider.
This is a good setup option if you have many lead sources already feeding into one Gmail or Google apps account.
1. Open Gmail and click the settings icon in the top right corner, then select "Settings" from the menu.
2. Click "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" then click the button "Add a forwarding address"
3. Enter your @followupboss.me email as the forwarding address
You can find your @followupboss.me address on the "My Settings" screen inside Follow Up Boss and your round robin @followupboss.me email on the "Users" screen (account owners only).
4. Click "Next" and then "Proceed", then press "Ok"
5. Find the confirmation email from Gmail and click the link inside to verify
Note this email will have been sent to the email address you use to login to Follow Up Boss.
It may sometimes take a few minutes to arrive.
6. Close your web browser that has gmail open, then reopen it again
This is necessary to use the newly verified forwarding email address.
7. Find a type of lead that you would like to have automatically forwarded into Follow Up Boss and open it
8. Click the drop down menu inside the email and choose "Filter messages like this"
9. Review filter then click "Create filter with this search"
10. Tick "Skip the Inbox", Tick "Forward it to:", select your @followupboss.me email address then choose "Create filter"
11. Test it, make an inquiry through your lead provider or website and check it flows into Follow Up Boss
Repeat steps 7 through 11 for each additional lead type you would like to send to Follow Up Boss.
Setting up Gmail/Google Apps Filters Video
See this video for how to setup gmail filters with Craigslist.
Gmail filters for popular lead providers:
Trulia (2 filters)
from: Trulia on behalf*
For homes.com change email at https://controlpanel.homes.com/ and homes.com regular login.
Has the words:
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
If this email is a scam or spam please flag it now: